Jan 3, 2017

REVIEW : Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask

pic credit to : dealdey.com

Hello guys! 
(i mean girls but whatevs)

So as you can tell from the title itself, I'm going to review about one of the most hyped products in the beauty world now, yes you're not mistaken. It's the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay!! I'm so excited that I finally get my hands on it. *grin* I've heard so many good reviews abt this mask, mainly positive. So I decided to give it a try! (by that I mean gave my wallet a little torture again). You can't find this product in Malaysia, not in the physical stores. But I believe you can always find this product online. Just do a little typing on google and boom! thereeee you go. This mask is very affordable actually, if you live in the US. Now that you live in Malaysia Boleh Land, ( <-- got this from a friend haha) it will cost twice or thrice as much because of the shipping fee. *sigh*

I'd like to talk about the science behind this clay mask first, so you'll get the gist of how this thing works. It's totally up to you if you wanna think imma science geek or whatever haha.

As Mountain Rose Herbs explains: 
"Bentonite is a swelling clay. When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound." 
Pic : aztec-clay.com

As Wellness Mama explains: :

"Bentonite clay carries a strong negative charge which bonds to the positive charge in many toxins. When it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical, or heavy metal, the clay will absorb the toxin and release it’s minerals for the body to use. Bentonite also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead."

 Got it?
Now I'll try as best as I can to convince you to buy this.
hehe



So this is the clay mask bottle. Now you gotta screenshot this and make sure you don't forget to buy. Put a reminder if necessary :P There are quiet a lot of brands out there that sell Calcium Bentonite Clay but you must make sure that it is natural and safe for skin. Aztec Secret is so far the BEST!! - I have this thing with the pulsating sensation this clay gives. The pulsating effect is more intense than any other brand does, so I like this one better haha. If that makes sense.


Now I hate to show you this because I left my apple cider vinegar (ACV) at my apartment. So I used plain water instead. I hate how the powder clumps together it just doesn't feel right. But trust me it still does its job even if you don't pair it with ACV. Okay now, you gotta be careful when scooping the clay powder. You don't wanna scoop too much bcs otherwise you would make the leftover goes to waste. If you can see from the picture I put way too much water so I had to top up the powder a tad bit more. It needs to be like creamy consistency, iykwim. P/S : please DONT USE metal/silver/gold spoon and bowl. It'll make the mask less effective. (the negative and positive charge interaction, yknow - don't wanna be called science geek anymore so I won't explain :P)




Tadaaa! ok let's skip to the part when I had already done with the application. When it's drying, you can feel your face pulsating. Especially in the nose area, idk, maybe because i put more clay in that part. It's weird, but it is really really satisfying. I feel like all the dirt and toxins are squeezed out from my face. I hate that I have to give a review when I have no acv at home, it would have been better with acv, trust me. wayyy better. It wont be as clumpy and the texture would be creamy-like. You can put a thicker layer and you'll look like a shrek if you mix the clay with acv. So, I'd like to stress here that if you can buy a bottle of acv, buy it! you wont regret. In case you're hesitating whether to buy some acv. I know plain water is free, but a bottle of acv wont cost you that much, compared to a flawless skin you'll get after detoxifying your face regularly ;) thank me later.

After that, wash your face as usual, with luke warm water. Your face will feel really clean and fresh, even a day after! One time my sister had a bad case of acne round her face, so I gave her this clay mask. A week later she told me she never had any acne popping out again for a week after the first application, and she wasn't even using it everyday, it's her first time using. As for me, my first time experience is the opposite to my sister, I had some break outs - hate it. But I read from some blogs that it is normal, because it's drawing the dirt from the deepest layer of your skin, some of the dirt will come out as pimple so that's alright. It will clear out your skin after all. I think that's all for now. Hope you like my review!

Till then.

xoxo,
NS









3 comments:

  1. where you buy this thing ?? I afraid to buy it recklessly because there are a lot of fake stuff out there especially online shopping. I hope I can help me .. tq sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis. I just bought it and its already arrived at my office today. You can find it at Shoppe. Mine one was rm30. Repack set. Happy buying sis!

      Delete
    2. I sell it. Whatsapp me at 0133745651 or check out my ig @shoppinkpao_aztecclaymask. Only RM45 for trial pack consist of Aztec clay mask, apple cider vinegar and DIY mask tools set :)

      Delete